Toyota Motor Corporation is recalling more than half of the Prius vehicles ever sold to fix a software glitch.
Toyota Lanka, the only authorized agent of Toyota Motor Corporation in Sri Lanka, will carry out the motor generator ECU and power management control ECU reflash Free-of-charge for all Prius Owners regardless if you purchased the vehicle from Toyota Lanka or NOT.
The software update is estimated to take around 40 minutes. But if the update isn’t successful, the control module would then need to be replaced, a fix taking about three hours.
First time in Sri Lanka, 100% Electric Car – NISSAN LEAF
The first 100 per cent electric Nissan Leaf will hit Sri Lankan roads promoting the green concept and ensuring significant fuel savings.
The electricity bill will be around Rs. 350 (per charge) and it is very cheap compared to the price of petrol or diesel, he added. The cost per kilometre will be around Rs. 2.00.
“The price of Nissan Leaf ranges from Rs.4.2 million and upwards,” he added. “The regular maintenance schedule on this is almost nothing,” he said.
The Nissan Leaf is an all-electric car that was recognised as the 2011 World Car of the Year. The car is emblematic of the “no gas, no tailpipe” zero-emission era.
The Nissan Leaf is a medium-size hatchback with cargo space and seating for five adults. It has a range of 160 kilometres on one full charge, he revealed.
The Nissan Leaf also includes six air bags, four wheel anti-lock braking system, vehicle dynamic control and a traction control system. Because there’s no traditional engine, the Nissan Leaf is ultra-quiet, and for safety reasons, a sound had to be added so pedestrians could hear the car coming, he said.
Powered by a lithiumion battery, the Nissan Leaf generates 107 horsepower.
The electricity in houses could be used to charge the car battery and it will take 15 minutes for a full charge. French carmaker Renault and its Japanese partner Nissan were instrumental in introducing Nissan Leaf. The United States is the top market for the Leaf, which is the world’s best-selling electric car.
2013 Nissan LEAF – Test Drive and Review
අමතර කොටස් බද්ද නිසා වාහන මිල පහල
ආනයනය කරනු ලබන අලූත් සහ පාවිච්චි කල මෝටර් රථ සඳහා ස්ථාවර බදු ක්රමයක් හඳුන්වාදීම නිසා ලංකාවට ගෙන්වන වාහනවල මිලගණන් අඩුවී තිඛෙනවා.
ආනයනික මෝටර් රථවල මිල ගණන් අඩුවීමට හේතුව වන්නේ මෝටර් රථ අමතර උපාංග වෙනුවෙන් අය කෙරෙන බද්ද සම්මත ස්ථාවරයකට යටත් කිරීමට රජය විසින් ගනු ලැබූ තීරණය නිසයි.
මෙම නව බදු ක්රමය හේතුවෙන් ආනයනික මෝටර් රථයක මිල රුපියක් 75.000 සිට 150.000 අතර මුදලකින් අඩුවී තිඛෙනවා.
ආනයනික මෝටර් රථවල වර්ණය, ලෙදර් ෂීට්, සීඩී/ඩීවීඩී, සන්රූෆ්, කූල් බොක්ස්, නෙවිගේටර්, රිවස් කැමරා, පවර් මිරර්, ඇලොයි වීල් ආදී උපාංග වෙනුවෙන් අමතර බද්දක් අයකිරීම නව බදු ක්රමයෙන් සම්පූර්ණයෙන්ම අහෝසි කර ඇත.
- Due to water absorption, brake oil should be changed regularly. In tropical countries where humidity is high, brake oil should be changed at least every one and a half years.
- Keep it Cool
Coolant absorbs heat from the engine and helps prevent corrosion. Check its level periodically and have it changed as recommended by your owner’s manual. For more advice consult us
- Hot or Cold
Most cars have a plastic refill container which makes adding coolant easier. The level should be at the “maximum” line when the engine is hot, and lower when it’s cold.
- Remember the Oil Change
Regular oil changes are one of the best ways to prolong engine life. Follow your owner’s manual regarding oil and filter change intervals.
- Short Trips, More change
Be more cognizant of regular oil changes if you take frequent short trips, do a lot of stop-and-go driving, drive in harsh climates, or drive a high-mileage car.
- Changing engine oil at the right time can help engine to maintain maximum efficiency for a longer period of time.
- When changing engine oil it is very important to drain used engine oil already in the engine as much as possible from all compartments. Allow sufficient time to drain off almost everything in the sump and other components. Any contamination with used oil could accelerate oxidation of the new oil and become dark in color quickly.
- Research has shown that most engine- wear takes place at the start up. Use of multi-grade engine oils can significantly reduce engine-wear at the start up by maintaining lower viscosity to facilitate quick flow of oil to moving components.
- Consult your owner’s manual when deciding what oil viscosity to put in your vehicle. The make and model of your vehicle and conditions under which you drive will help determine the motor oil you use. (If you don’t have owners manual talk to us)
- Know Your Transmission
Different and specifically prescribed transmission fluids are used for automatic and manual transmissions and among the different transimissions offered by vehicle manufacturers.
- Show Your Trannie You Care
Transmission fluid degrades over time. Checking levels and having the fluid and filter changed can prevent damage that could shorten your transmission’s life. Service intervals for transmission fluid vary widely, so check your owner’s manual or Consult us.
- Spraying any petroleum oil to under carriage of a car is not advisable. These hydrocarbon oils can dissolve insulating material and protective coatings.